Sunday, September 15, 2013

Time Warp

I read a quote somewhere that brought tears to my eyes, "To have a child is to forever have your heart walk around outside of your body". This statement is so very true to me. My biggest fear for my children is the one thing I can't protect them from, growing up. I will never get back to the first moment I looked into their eyes and just knew they were perfect. As they get older the boo boo kisses will stop and the late night cuddles will become a memory. I'll dream of the days when I could sit them in my lap and tell them how much they mean to me. All the while I think about all the bad people and experiences out there that will cross their paths. All of the boys that will break their hearts and make them cry. It is then a that moment that I realize how fast time flies. I wish I could freeze them in time and keep them like this forever. The thought of my children growing up scares me so bad because there is too much out there in this world that I can't teach them. As parents we can show them a lot of things, but many things they will have to learn on their own. The truth is they WILL grow up and I CAN'T stop it so the best thing to do is embrace it. We will be able to make a new set of memories and develop new relationships. If I raise them right then I may even be able to count on them taking care of me one day. I will definitely cherish today, however, because I will blink and be attending a high school graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment