Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Giant Baby

I was blessed in this world with a huge baby. It started out as any normal pregnancy, but I grew and grew. I thought that I was just putting on too much weight. When my daughter was born she was not extremely large. Weighing in at 8lbs 8 oz and 21.5 inches long she was a little above average, but nothing to put in the record books. The first few weeks proved to be difficult. I had mostly newborn and 3 month sizes. She grew out of those in 2 weeks. We moved on to 3-6 months. By the time she was 3 months she was wearing 9 month clothes. She was off the growth charts with her height and she was solid. Fast forward to 2.5 years old and we have to shop in the children's section for clothes. I have to get children's small 5-6. The problem is that these clothes are not always appropriate for a two year old. She does fit some 5T but those are not always easy to find. She is 40lbs and 40 inches. We went to Legoland and she can ride the big kid coasters. When we go in public people think I have a 4 year old child and they can't understand why she acts like a baby sometimes. She has been told by other children at the park that she is stupid because they think she is so much older than she is. People give me strange looks when they see her in a stroller and forget about trying to carry her. All of the height predictors tell me that she will be between 6 ft 1 inches and 6 ft 3 inches. This blows my mind. Her father is only 6ft and our parents are not freakishly tall. My question is how tall will she really be? Will she grow a lot these years and just stop as she gets older? I think she is the most beautiful girl, but I don't want her to get picked on as she gets older. Other kids can be very mean and it scares me. Will she be a model or get into sports? Should I  encourage her to get into sports? All of these questions go through my mind and it all comes down to her I guess. My youngest is a pretty average height and weight so the gene must have skipped her. For now I will enjoy her toddler years because they fly so quick. One day I will go to sleep and wake up and she will be taller than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment